Christine has been with Engaging Affairs for almost ten years and is known for her glamorous events and experience with multi-cultural and South Asian weddings. Some things you may not know:
- Your signature cocktail: Pinot Noir is my usual go to but when the mood strikes, I love a good Moscow Mule or Green’s Gluten Free Triple Blonde Ale.
- Favorite pair of shoes: I LOVE my Corso Como riding boots! I have had them for over 4 years and they just get better with age. I wish I could wear them year round!
- Favorite vacation spot: I love a little adventure, a little history and a little relaxation. So far, my favorites include: Whistler; Belize; Costa Rica; Meribel, France and, of course, Puerto Rico.
- Favorite restaurant: Going out to eat is one of my favorite things! Some of my favorites in DC are Fiola, Bourbon Steak and Mintwood.
- What magazine do you read every month without fail: US Weekly, In Touch, Ok!. I love love love gossip magazines just as much as I love reality TV shows.
- Favorite wedding trend: I love what you can do with lighting these days. It is so much more than just uplights and pinspotting. I love a bride who really understands what lighting can do.
- Wedding trend you'd love to see die a slow death: I Do stickers on the bottom of shoes, hangers with names written in them and monogram gobos.
- Describe your perfect weekend when you don't have a wedding: Out of town traveling or on the boat! Always somewhere sunny!
- Describe your dream client: I love clients who are excited about doing something a little different, either with décor or food.
- Favorite celebrity wedding: I have to say Crissy Teigen & John Legend. Wedding in Lake Cuomo and three Vera Wang wedding dresses, one being a gorgeous red stunner. What more do I need to say?
Today on "Meet The Planners" is Erica Selekman, our fabulous brunette! Erica has worked with Engaging Affairs for over three years and graduated from Radford University with a degree in PR.
Your signature cocktail: I'm a simple gal-- a light beer :) And if I'm feeling fancy, either glass of
champagne or vodka + soda with a splash of pineapple juice
- Favorite pair of shoes: Red pumps
- Favorite vacation spot: The beach!!!!! If I could be a sun-goddess I would!
- Favorite restaurant: The Palm in Tyson's
- What magazine do you read every month without fail: Washington Biz Journal (I know, boring)
- Favorite wedding trend: Different height center pieces + and the "outdoor look" with branches
- Describe your perfect weekend when you don't have a wedding: Brunch outside (if it's nice) with good company, music and eats (Saturday and Sunday if I'm lucky)
- Describe your dream client: The couple that just wants to have fun and truly enjoy the day!
- Favorite celebrity wedding: John Legend and Chrissy Teigen (a classic)
Last up on "Meet the Planners" is company founder Laura Weatherly. Laura grew up in North Carolina and attended Duke University before coming to D.C. and starting Engaging Affairs in 1996.
- Your signature cocktail: Champagne. I always keep a bottle of Veuve Clicquot in the fridge.
- Favorite vacation spot: Maui and Venice
- Favorite restaurant: Blue Duck in D.C. and Fiction Kitchen in Raleigh
- What magazine do you read every month without fail: Southern Living
- Guilty pleasure TV: Scandal, True Blood, Downton Abbey
- Favorite wedding trend: Laser-cut invitations
- Wedding trend you'd like to see die a slow death: improper use of Mason jars (not a huge surprise there), e-vites for weddings
- Describe your perfect weekend when you don't have a wedding: morning yoga, yummy brunch with my family, paddle boarding, then reading a good book in the hammock before dinner on the back deck.
- Describe your dream client: a couple who has a good perspective on life and who realizes that a wedding is just one important day out of many in their future life together and not the end-all-be-all of their existence
- Favorite celebrity wedding: Ellen and Portia-- I love the intimacy and true joy in their wedding!