What will you remember?
Honeymoon Islands recently planned a family vacation for the Ferrari family (Steve, Chrissie and their daughters Danielle and Jessie) to Curtain Bluff in Antigua. Post travel I asked one simple question “What will you remember…?” I hope you enjoy reading their response to that question.
We loved Curtain Bluff!! Can’t say enough about what a wonderful week we had! Great staff, great food, awesome activities… beautiful all the way around! Thank you so much (Teresa at Honeymoon Islands) for leading us in the right direction again and setting it all up for us. We WILL be going back!! We met the owner at dinner and told her that you had sent us there. Her house is absolutely breath taking!
Some of the highlights in a nutshell:
- Our favorite…getting to know the staff and some of their stories… just amazing, genuinely good people, made us feel special every minute but also took the time to get to know us and ask how things were going
- Opening our eyes every morning to the postcard photo outside our sliding glass doors.
- Slept every night with only the screens lulled by the waves rolling outside our doors.
- Water activities, WOW! Amazing snorkeling trips with Lanroy to Cades Reef… lots of beautiful fish and two amazing rays! Always great explanations and attention to our safety and interests.
- Steve went deep sea fishing he loved it and even caught a barracuda.
- We all paddle boarded, kayaked, and floated on the rafts.
- Leon took good care of us on the beach everyday… our new favorite drink is the Caribbean Fantasy!
- We watched two World Cup games in the upstairs TV room with an international group… fun and an amazing life experience.
- Met so many nice people, many of whom were repeat guests… just a friendly atmosphere. Met people from Canada, Britain, South Africa, NY, Arizona, Michigan.
- Cocktails at the Bluff House was so wonderful. Breathtaking views and we felt so welcomed.
- Spent one day on a boat circumnavigating the island and getting a historical lesson on Antigua. Adventure Antigua’s “Extreme Adventure” was in fact a day we will never forget. Great guys who love their island and do a great job sharing so much history!
- Swam with the rays and “Henry” the barracuda at Stingray City. Jessie’s favorite memory of the whole week was when she held the stingray. Danielle overcame her anxiety and joined us!
- Live music every night… every band was fantastic! Especially enjoyed the group who played Rhianna songs and some old 80’s music.
- Talking with the bartenders before dinner, sharing stories back and forth
- And then there was the food… three delicious and healthy meals a day. What a treat to enjoy such good food and company. Loved that Lana, the pastry chef, was doing so well in her career and so young! Read about her in one of the magazines on the island. Also, Chelle (the owner) visiting tables at dinnertime was a special treat!
- Our daughter Jessie (an athlete) used the workout room every morning to keep up with her summer training schedule. Equipped well enough to please a D1 soccer player.
- And the WiFi pleased Danielle since she could keep in touch with her friends!
- We enjoyed learning ALL ABOUT coconuts from Smooth. They were delicious!
- Our greeting at the airport in Antigua was amazing… right to the front of the line and through to our ride in no time. That was sweet!
Curtain Bluff is a beautiful all-inclusive resort that sits by itself on a bluff with ocean on both sides boasting 2 separate beaches- One is great for body surfing the waves which roll into the shore, the other is great for snorkeling, water sports and children. Every accommodation has a stunning view of the ocean. You could hear the ocean crashing onto the beach about 40 steps from the patio. The bathroom has double vanity, with a walk in shower, large tub and separate water closet. They have plenty of connecting rooms and suites for any family size from 1 Bedroom to 4 Bedroom. One of the beauties of staying here is there are no phones or TV’s in the rooms. Wi-Fi is complimentary throughout the property. They will stock your fridge with certain drinks if you let them know your preferences. They also offer laundry service for a fee.
The great thing about this resort is there are tons of things to do while you’re there. About 10 minutes from the resort there is a zip line course. On property they have a championship tennis center, a fully equipped water sports center offering scuba, deep-sea fishing, windsurfing, paddle-boarding, waterskiing, Hobie Cats and kayaks, a squash court and fitness center. They also have daily snorkeling trips to Cades Reef. The owner Chelle and the General Manager Rob are always present and very personable.
When you take your next vacation ask yourself...."What will you remember...?"